"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, February 8, 2014

We've Been Snapped by Curiosity


Smile! The latest and largest of NASA's plucky Mars rovers is busy taking photos of us.


The two bodies in this portion of an evening-sky view by NASA's Mars rover Curiosity are Earth and Earth's moon. The rover's Mast Camera (Mastcam) imaged them in the twilight sky of Curiosity's 529th Martian day, or sol (Jan. 31, 2014).

For those who need some orientation, here's a helpful guide marking the position of the Earth and the Moon (seems a bit unclear in these photos - it might be best to just follow the link):

 
I do so love there NASA pics. If I can't get out there and zoom around at warp speed, at least I can enjoy the Instagram version of space.

No comments: