"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Coward of the County

Well, despite my procrastination (read: subconscious desire to avoid the rigours of having my work publicly critiqued by a group of strangers) it looks like I've got a workshop organised (the enrolment should be finalised tomorrow). It's a year long endeavour, the longest I've yet attempted. I hope I'm up to it, because it will take a lot of time and energy, but, cross fingers, by the end of the year, I'll have a polished novel *gulp* ready for submitting.

Yep, with my writerly confidence slowly trickling back, it's time to pull out that dusty old dream of getting a novel published, give it a good shake, and see what happens. I might even work up the guts to start sending out again the two masterpieces I've got tucked away on various hard drives - I wasn't very good at dealing with rejections last time I tried that gig, but I've toughened up a lot since then. Rejections? I eat 'em for breakfast now.

And on the subject of guts, I'm also trying to work up the nerve to submit an old tale of mine to the anthology Australis Imaginarium.

No comments: