"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, March 26, 2010

Friggindoofdooffriday

Tomorrow I'm off to the first of five Saturdays that make up the Year of SF and Fantasy workshop at VWC. After a week of morning writing, commuting and arvojobbing, one isn't the freshest daisy in the vase, but hey, I thought, I'll get to bed "early" and drink lots of coffee tomorrow and I'll be right.

Alas, I came home to party music from the neighbour on the one side, and my old friend the waves of low-frequency doof doof hitting me from the other side. This is the first time this has happened - I can usually rely on the nights being as quiet as a country town is supposed to be. Why oh why did it have to be tonight? It'll be impossible to sleep if this keeps up, which will make it hard to get up and catch the early train, and I'll be bleary eyed and brain dead by the time I stagger into the workshop. First impressions? Hmmmm. Ideas? I'll be lucky if I can remember my own name.
*sigh*

2 comments:

parlance said...

Maybe if you didn't sleep you'll be in a dream state for the workshop and amaze yourself with your creativity.

Gitte Christensen said...

Some writers prefer to work in a state of semi-snoozing, so they're all loose and dreamy, but not this little scribbler. When I'm tired, my brain turns to fudge. That's why I write in the mornings, when my mind is (hopefully) dewy fresh and rarin' to go.