"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Number One ...

... in the footy tips at the Arvo Job.

I don't have a clue how it happened as I don't follow the footy (or the World Cup or golf or [insert sport of choice]) or even vaguely know what I'm doing (my technique is based on patterns and gut feelings). I'm in it because it's a free to enter, workplace morale booster and there are cash prizes at the end. Something for nothing (possibly) is a pretty good investment.

Anyway, I just thought I'd report this fact before I plummet from the heady heights of footy grace back down to the temporal plane below.

2 comments:

parlance said...

I once won at my workplace by steadfastly choosing the team whose name began with a letter closer to the start of the alphabet. Except that I always chose Hawthorn and they were premiers that year. Hmm...may have had something to do with that.

Gitte Christensen said...

Congratulations! I love it when people experiment with footy tipping systems and are rewarded for their efforts. A couple of years ago, I tried tossing a coin for every choice,just to see how that would pan out, and I did really well for the first half of the season, but then when it was about actually knowing what was going on, I went straight to the bottom. I was a bit miffed that there was no wooden spoon prize that year.