"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lots of lists

Once more exploring the Goldfields Region of Central Victoria and intrepidly heading off in a new direction, today’s journey took us past horses and sheep and paddocks and spectacular trees until we arrived at the town of Shepparton.

Of particular genre interest in Shep was the art exhibition Moooving Art which includes these examples of psychedelic livestock influenced by speculative fiction. Behold Moomaid, Spidercow and Shrekcow.








On a different journey, after cruising the spec fic sites and blogs, I've discovered that I’m on another eligible-for-the-Ditmars list. Alas, however, I did not make it onto this definitive list of Aussie speculative fiction writers, so I suppose I’d better send them the email equivalent of me in lady-of-the-night streetwalking gear waving my arms and shouting “Yoo-hoo, I’m over here.” This business does not favour shrinking violets.

I did, however, love this list over on Ben Payne’s blog last week:

Catching up on my small press reading for the year.
Here's my list of what's come out so far:

Antipodean SF Jan-June
The Tangled Bank anthology
Scary Kisses anthology
Belong anthology
ASIM #43
Aurealis #43
Legends of Australian Fantasy (not small press but should be on the list- only just realised this was new stories! How exciting!
Ticonderoga Online January
Moonlight Tuber #1
Simon Petrie's collection - Rare Unsigned Copy (any new stories in this?)
Rjurik Davidson collection - The Library of Forgotten Books (PS Publishing)

Why do I love this particular list? Because this is a list that finally makes me look good. I have a total of four stories stashed away amongst those publications (Useful Stuff / Paradigm Shift / Nullipara / A Sweet Story).

And that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

No comments: