"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, July 25, 2010

And now, the end is near

That was that AJWWB then – it’s back to the Arvo Job tomorrow. *sigh* It’s been lovely. Days of writing and wrangling ideas to my heart’s content, cats popping in and out to say hallo or stopping for a snooze on the bean bag that I cunningly placed next to my keyboard to distract them from walking all over the keyboard whilst I worked, and lots of reading done in between.

Then there was the other fun stuff – movies, the European Masters exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria & the Tim Burton exhibition at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image (this is a picture from the ACMI's after dark festivities) furniture shopping (the bedroom got a makeover), visiting, gardening, long walks etc, all done at a relaxed pace.

And yesterday I finished off with the YOSF&F workshop, which included a great, really informative talk given by a commissioning editor from Allen & Unwin.

I could live like this all the time. Honestly.

No comments: