"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, October 22, 2011

So sad the story of what might have been

So it's out now, the Anywhere But Earth anthology that I would absolutely have loved to have had a story in (I mean, just look at that unbelievably cool cover, all retro and rocket shippy) but since one actually has to submit something to be considered for such things (life is soooo unfair sometimes), well, that didn't happen.*Sniff*. However, let's not go there again (damn my obsessive tinkering, and damn those deadlines!) Instead, let's celebrate another fine contribution to the genre, which can be purchased here.

It's a fabulous TOC: Calie Voorhis ‘Murmer’, Cat Sparks ‘Beautiful’, Simon Petrie ‘Hatchway’, Lee Battersby ‘At the End There Was a Man’, Alan Baxter ‘Unexpected Launch’, Richard Harland ‘An Exhibition of the Plague’, Robert N Stephenson ‘Rains of la Strange’, Liz Argall ‘Maia Blue is Going Home’, Chris McMahon ‘Memories of Mars’, CJ Paget ‘Pink Ice in the Jovian Rings’, Penelope Love ‘SIBO’, Donna Maree Hanson ‘Beneath the Floating City’, Erin E Stocks ‘Lisse’, William RD Wood ‘Deuteronomy’, Robert Hood ‘Desert Madonna’, Steve de Beer ‘Psi World’, Damon Shaw ‘Continuity’, Wendy Waring ‘Alien Tears’, Patty Jansen ‘Poor Man’s Travel’, Jason Fischer ‘Eating Gnashdal’, Kim Westwood ‘By Any Other Name’, Brendan Duffy ‘Space Girl Blues’, TF Davenport ‘Oak with the Left Hand’, Sean McMullen ‘Spacebook’, Margo Lanagan ‘Yon Horned Moon’, Mark Rossiter ‘The Caretaker’, Jason Nahrung ‘Messiah on the Rock’, Angela Ambroz ‘Pyaar Kiya’, Steve Cameron ‘So Sad, the Lighthouse Keeper’

Congratulations Steve!

I'm especially looking forward to reading this story because, as I've mentioned before, I read SSTLK back when it was a brand new piece that Steve had whipped up for a workshop and submitted for critique. I'm sure it's quite a different story now, and it'll be fascinating to see what it evolved into.

1 comment:

Steve Cameron said...

Thanks, Gitte. I'm looking forward to reading those other stories myself.

I have no doubt this will be an amazing book from cover to cover.

Thanks again

Steve