"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, May 5, 2013

No Clunes For Me


It's Clunes Booktown weekend, but I didn't get to go this year. *sob* Slicing and dicing and the attendant aftereffects always seem to overlap with something I want to do. It's very annoying :)

And the worst of it is that Clunes is so close, a mere skip and a jump and a bit of a drive from where I live, and it's become something of an annual habit to pop across to this event, which might explain why this whole weekend I've been constantly hearing the cries of thousands upon thousands of books wafting across the landscape on fresh country breezes saying, Gitte, Giiiiiitte, come hither, come hither at once and buy us. Unfortunately, the crowds there are quite thick, and increasingly so every year, and no matter how politely these bookish folk push and shove, they still push and shove, the mere thought of which gives me the heebiejeebies in my present state. Now, if I could have devised a fetching, zone-protecting cage of some sort, possibly a steampunkishy creation with extending mechanical arms that could seize books from the highest shelves, I'd have been good to go, but alas...

Ah well, one must be realistic. Besides, I haven't even read all the books I purchased last year. I'll look on this as an opportunity to reduce the respective heights of my 5 TBR stacks a little. That's always something.

No comments: