"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, January 23, 2010

Inspired Saturday

Life is such a jester. After punching the air over my Susanna Clarke coup yesterday, this morning I popped into a warehouse book sale and found … yep, a stack of ‘The Ladies of Grace Adieu’ going for $1 each. So I bought a few more copies for family and friends.

After that it was shopping and a movie. Does it get any more inspirational than a very Joseph Campbellish journey with Messrs. Eastwood and Freeman? That I should get caught up in a rugby scrum, or whatever they call it, is nothing short of miraculous.


Now, as evening approaches, I must pay for my day of dallying - it’s time for the dreaded domestic duties, to be got out of the way ASAP. I’ll also bake bread so there’ll be a hot and crusty, butter melting reward at the end of my labours.

Meanwhile, in a faraway kingdom called Brisbane, the ever-inspirational princes and princesses of the Australian speculative fiction world are at this very moment having a knees up at the Aurealis Awards. I hope a good time is had by all, and that one day, I too get to go to that ball.

No comments: