"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Strawberry Mars Forever

0 rejections, 2 stories submitted. One is (hopefully visceral) SF horror, the other a 7000 word (tough to place) fantasy.

This morning I had to accept the fact that the SF story I’ve been working on for the past 2 weeks (and countless years on and off before that) still isn’t ready to face the world. I was hoping to submit it to the Warrior Wisewoman anthology, but it needs more of something. A better ending would be good too. I remain convinced, however, that one day it’ll be a beauty. So tomorrow I’ll switch to the bear story that has been coalescing in my head for a couple of days now. It’s dark, it’s sad, it’s ready to be poured onto a page.

I love this NASA image of the Martian landscape. It looks like strawberry ice-cream with chocolate flakes (or maybe I’m just hungry).

I wonder what Heinlein would have made of it.

No comments: