"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Monday, May 9, 2011

One day maybe

Over the weekend I read the proof for one of my 'forthcomings', did much constructive writing, and received a request for the rest of my hamadryad story (I'd previously submitted the first 10 pages as per their guidelines) which I "promptly" did after looking it over again a few dozen times. The publication in question might not purchase the story, but it's always nice to make it this far. I also submitted my thalassophobia story for the first time.

So I feel like I'm humming along here, a regular little writing machine.

In other news, the Aurealis Awards are coming up fast. This year, the festivities will be in Sydney. Alas, as with Swancon, I don't feel I can justify the cost of going. One day maybe, but not just yet.

No comments: