"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pulling out rabbits

I finished the first draft of a new story this morning (although the general idea for it has been kicking around in the back of my head for about 3 years, inspired by something I saw that made me furious whilst walking to the Arvo Job, back when the Arvo Job was just a quick trot around the corner away *sigh*) I'll rewrite a few parts of it tomorrow and Friday and then let it sit before the final edit. I already have next week's story lined up in my head, and I'm extra excited about this one. It's called Dust Bunnies, and I suspect it'll be one of my better stories.

Ooops, I've just realised I'm going through a rabbit phase, because there's a rabbit in this week's story too. None of these rabbits, I'll hasten to add, are real. One is painted, the others are, well, dusty. Ah well, it makes a change from by tree phase, my desert phase, my rubbish phase, my robot phase, demon phase, tentacled creatures phase...


Anyway, just so you know, I'm scribbling along, singing a song...

No comments: