"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bad blogger

I really should stop cutting and pasting the latest tidbits from my weekly NSW Writers' Centre 'Newsbite' email for there are stern people out in the world who have all sorts of seriously strict rules about what constitutes good/bad blogging, and such habits are generally considered 'bad' by the purveyors of these arbitrary regulations, but alas, I do love a good quote about writing, so here's the latest:

Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any.
- Orson Scott Card.

And on that note, let me direct you to 'Do you want to write or do you want to be a writer?' by S.C. Butler. I love the first line: There is a difference. The first is an ambition, the latter a disease. It made me laugh, it made me sigh, it made me wish I'd studied medicine.

No comments: