"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Monday, November 19, 2012

Letter with a Dragon on It


After a long day of negotiating the new train schedule (many more minutes added to my commuting - blah!) and an early start at the Arvo Job, it was nice to come home and find an envelope with a dragon on it in my letterbox, and inside that envelope with a dragon on it was a letter with a dragon on it. Oh yeah, and the word 'Chaosium' as well.

It was my copy of the contract for the upcoming werewolf anthology. Signed here in Australia, it went all the way with its partner to CA in the US of A, was signed there, and finally returned home all alone today. I've never had a writing contract before that was so multiply signed. Anyway, that means it's full steam ahead with that antho now.

It's the writerly crumbs like this that guide me through the darkest of Real World forests.

2 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

:) :) :)

Congrats!

Steve

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you. It is very :) :) :) inducing.