"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, January 11, 2013

Best Intentions Scuppered


My plans to set the tone for a productive 2013 by getting the first draft of a new SF story finished by the end of this week might have been foiled by an uncooperative train system. All this week, they've been doing track work. I no sooner get into my story than we're all bundled off the train, herded into a cramped, crowded bus (not good for writing) and driven the rest of the way. This also adds enough time to my commuting to make the work day feel unbelievably loooooong (*yawn* one more day to go).

Still, it's a goal I'd like to accomplish. And the story really wants to be written. Therefore, I shall try to scrape enough time together on the weekend to get the job done so that both I and the story are happy.

No comments: