"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Nazis Win


Remember the Nazis Who Cheered Me Up post I wrote back in May last year? Probably not. Anyway, I do, because that was the day I got the bad news that things were seriously out of whack with my health, but a trip to the cinema afterwards to see the Finnish-German-Australian comic sci-fi movie Iron Sky helped lift my spirits. I've always been grateful for the many chuckles Iron Sky gave me then. Sometimes art helps us to see further and to understand more. Sometimes it simply makes us feel better on a bad day, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.


The reason I bring this up now? Simple. The movie has just won the AACTA Award for Best Visual Effects. Go team, and congratulations.

Now, I must hobble off to the Arvo Job (still sore from horse riding)

No comments: