"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Box of Tissues is a Girl's Best Friend


I've been doing a lot of sneezing and nose blowing the past two days - not so good for Arvo Jobbing, so I stayed home today from that badly ventilated place from whence my dreaded lurgy originated (the air con has been dodgy since a rather dramatic rooftop fire and evacuation early last week, and people throughout the office have been coughing and sniffing, filling the stagnant air with goodness knows what microbial yuckiness, and, well, it was a matter of when rather than if...), but excellent for catching up on my woefully behind submission count.

Yesterday and today I looked over, tinkered with, wrote cover letters for, formatted according to each publication's specifications, and sent off 8 stories (one to one of the Big Three - how's that for optimism?), so now I have 13 of my presently finest out there circulating once more, and, of course, I'm positively certain I've targeted my markets so precisely and exactly matched hitherto hard-to-sell stories with sympathetic editors that for sure 75% of them will be snapped up sometime over the next month.

Anyway, I must make sure I don't fall behind again.

Now, please excuse me while I go grab a tissue.

2 comments:

Darryl Iorio said...

Oh my! It's really bad to have a dodgy aircon in the office. You better call a repairman to check the AC or else, it will be very uncomfortable to work there. Ventilation should be given priority inside the office so that everyone will be productive and the spread of cough and colds can be prevented. I hope the AC is already fixed.. :)

Darryl Iorio

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you for your concern. And indeed, it was not pleasant. But I'm sure it's fixed by now - I'll find out for certain on Monday.