"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, December 29, 2013

What I Got for Christmas...


...was a whopping great cold.

Thank you, public transport, and all those caring, sharing, unmannerly individuals who apparently never learnt to cover their mouths whilst coughing up their lungs. I just knew they were out to get me.

This lurgy was sneaking up on me those last days at the Arvo Job, slowed me down the first few days of my holidays but thankfully behaved itself for our family Xmas celebrations, then felled me on the Thursday.

Ah well, the worst of the coughing seems to be over. And books have been read rather rapidly, lots of movies have been watched, pots of tea have been drunk, and copious amounts of ice cream have been consumed, so it's not all bad.

Still, I had plans, other plans, big plans, do-worthy plans, admirable plans...

Tomorrow. It's another day, they say. We'll see.

2 comments:

parlance said...

Oh, I'm sympathetic, because I got THE COLD for Christmas also! It feels like such a waste to have a horrible cold at this time of the year.

Gitte Christensen said...


Oh no, not you too! Sorry to hear it. The 2013 Christmas Cold is the one gift we could all definitely do without. Alas, I fear many people received it this year - I heard a few budding coughs at our officey Xmas party that sounded just like mine.