"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, July 31, 2012

And the World Erupts


Recent news inflaming sensitive souls: there will now be three Hobbit movies.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-jackson/an-unexpected-journey/10151114596546558

So now I'm clued up, given that I hadn't even realised there were going to be two films. I mean, it's** such a little book. I think it's safe to say the movie plot will wander away from the  path of the original text, and meander up and down the many dark and snurkly side roads that criss-cross Middle Earth. Expect much passionate cheering / debate / outrage / support on the subject. People take their Tolkien very seriously.

** 'it' being 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R. Tolkien, of course. How sloppy of me not to mention the actual title. I mean, there just might be a single reader of this blog who, for reasons that are none of my business, has lived under a rock on Mars for the past fifty years and thus doesn't know which literary mass-phenomenon I'm casually referring to, and a good writer should always strive to be clear and precise.

No comments: