"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, September 13, 2013

Touchy, Feely Week


So I had another feeling today whilst on the tram. It wasn't about an acceptance this time. No, this time I was sure there was something good waiting for me in the op shop. I could almost hear it calling out to me. Since I was already late for work due to the vagaries of public transport, I jumped off a stop early, popped into the shop, swung by the shelves, and there it was - a great, big hardback edition of Caesar's Women, the fourth book in Colleen McCullough's Masters of Rome series. I gave a little cheer of triumph. It was going for all of $5.



So the Book Game goes well :)  At this rate, I'll soon have the whole MoR collection. Then I'll have to pick another challenge to make op-shopping interesting.

No comments: