"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Me and my brain

After a fortnight of waffling and tinkering and editing and generally faffing around, my brain finally kicked into top gear again this morning and produced a goodly quota of new words strung into reasonable sentences for the Egyptian Tart story. My grey matter also came up with a short story idea and the beginnings of a poem by the time I got to the Arvo Job.

Note to brain : the Easter break would have been a good time to stage a comeback.

Today I finished reading Nation by Terry Pratchett (purchased for a pittance - $1). In the author's notes at the end, Terry finishes off with : 'Thinking. This book contains some. Whether you try it at home is up to you.'
My brain liked this book a lot.

No comments: