"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Trippy

Apart from Moonlight Tuber # 1 (plug, plug), my train reading this week is surrealism to the nth degree - The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov (yep, that's me in the first carriage snorting at the literary goings-on).

This is how it is aptly described on the back cover:
The devil comes to Moscow wearing a fancy suit. With his disorderly band of accomplices – including a demonic, gun-toting tomcat – he immediately begins to create havoc. Disappearances, destruction and death spread through the city like wildfire and Margarita discovers that her lover has vanished in the chaos. Making a bargain with the devil, she decides to try a little black magic of her own to save the man she loves.
I bought this book while on holiday last year after bumping into so many glowing recommendations for it. Let me pass on my own hearty endorsement.

No comments: