"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Whip it, whip it good.

A morning of domestic stuff, then Iron Man 2, which began well with Robert Downey Jr in full Robert Downey Jr mode and Mickey Rourke in brainy bad guy mode, and ended well with the expected spectacular battle, but sagged and dragged in the middle. It was worth the price of a ticket, but was not, alas (for my hopes were high), as good as Iron Man.

After that, it was off to Clunes, which every year for the first weekend in May becomes a Booktown. I hadn’t realized it’s a mere half hour drive from where I live now.

Ah, what can I say? I mean, it was a whole town full of beautiful, heritage buildings, most of which were stuffed with books, the weather was beautiful, the atmosphere convivial, and the streets were bustling with happy people carrying boxes full of literary booty. Unfortunately, as this was a somewhat spontaneous trip, I hadn’t budgeted for a spending spree, but next year, I swear, I too will be carrying a big cardboard box…

No comments: