"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Electric dreams

Living in a country town means you get to trial new technologies before they hit the big city.

So now, after months of receiving letters very firmly telling me to ready the house for the arrival of men with screwdrivers interspersed with letters profusely apologising for the non-show of said tradies ( 'It's not out fault', these letters wailed, 'That part of the process is outsourced to another, less competent than us, company.' ) my electricity Smart Meter, which I was not allowed to forcefully or politely decline and am absolutely forbidden to fiddle with, has finally been installed.

Here's hoping that the PTB's definition of the word smart and mine come from the same dictionary.

No comments: