"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

This morning, I finally sent off my YOSF&F MS for our final workshop next week - shame on me for waiting so long - and I'm reading MSs on the train on the way home in the evenings and preparing comments. I can't believe it'll all be over soon. I also cannot believe that Trudi Canavan will be our guest speaker for the last session.

I'm also madly writing a short story to submit to the upcoming Aussie vampire anthology by the end of the month. After weeks of mucking around with different ideas that led to nowhere once I started working on them (vampires are not my strong suit) lightning struck yesterday as I was walking through the park on my way to the Arvo Job, and I finally hit upon a concept that excites me complete with a few scenes. The final scene came to me walking back through the same park on my way home tonight. I'm loving that park. Fortunately, it's a 1-2k kind of story (I hope) and I churned out 500 words on the train trip this morning, so it seems doable.

No comments: