"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, November 20, 2010

Xmas is coming

I'm not an overly Christmassy person, but if I had an obscene amount of cash at my disposal, I would definitely nip across to the US of A to catch 'A Klingon Christmas Carol'.

Scrooge has no honor, nor any courage. Can three ghosts help him to become the true warrior he ought to be in time to save Tiny Tim from a horrible fate?
Performed in the Original Klingon with English Supertitles, and narrative analysis from The Vulcan Institute of Cultural Anthropology.
The Dickens classic tale of ghosts and redemption adapted to reflect the Warrior Code of Honor and then translated into tlhIngan Hol (That's the Klingon Language).
To me, this falls in under:
Eccentricity has always abounded when and where strength of character has abounded; and the amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage it contained. That so few now dare to be eccentric marks the chief danger of the time. John Stuart Mill
I believe that as long as there is a Klingon theatre production showing somewhere in the world, there is still hope for humankind.
♪♫ So, have yourself ♫♫ a Klingon ♪♪♫♪ Christmas... ♫♪♫

No comments: