"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Monday, November 15, 2010

Self-sufficient

‘Tis Monday morning, and the sun is shining warmly upon the tomato seedlings that I planted yesterday. Inspired by the veggie gardens in my new hood, over the weekend, apart from weeding and writing, I started to grow my own private food supply. So far, I have cherry tomatoes, yellow pear tomatoes and jalapenos on the go. A limited diet, granted, but if zombies/aliens/uncontrollable weather hit and civilization crashes into chaos, those cherry tomatoes will be worth gold.

Of course, the apocalypse may be more prosaic than that. I have a horrible feeling that all my work just might equate to putting out snacks for the impending locust plague that everyone is predicting will hit soon.

No comments: