"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sleepyhead

I was going to do it, I swear, I really was, I was going to get this blogging thingie up and running again and maybe even upload a photo or two from last week, but now that I'm here, my eyelids keep plopping down...

Unbelievable. I think I'll go have some soup instead. And apple and blueberry crumble. I really must get around to telling you about the lovely lady responsible for these goodies (I have more in the freezer), but for now, I'll go park myself in front of a screen, whack on a movie that I probably won't stay awake long enough to see the end of, and fuel up.

Recuperating bodies sure use up a lot of energy.

4 comments:

parlance said...

Recuperating bodies are good at telling you what they need, and it sounds as if yours needs sleep (and apple and blueberry crumble).

Gitte Christensen said...

Yep, the apple and blueberry crumbled worked a treat. Smart body. Actually, I suspect my body is enjoying calling the shots after so many years of being bossed around by my brain :)

Steve Cameron said...

Truly hope you're feeling back to your old self sooner rather than later.


Steve

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you, Steve. Me too. I'm a bit over wafting around in jammies. There are stories that need to be written and horses that need to be ridden! All in good time, I suppose.