"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Thursday, June 14, 2012

We Interrupt this Break for...


I'm still recuperating from major surgery, but I've popped a few pain killers and crawled to the keyboard in order to to share the happy news that my sf werewolf story The Wolfgirl in the Cupboard has been selected for the upcoming anthology Mark of the Beast: New Legends of the Werewolf, edited by Scott David Aniolowski, which will be published by Chaosium in late 2012.

Normally I'd wait a bit longer before blogging such news, but I've just discovered that Scott has announced the TOC here, so the information is already out there, running free and howling on the Internet. So, with the sale of my vamp story 2 weeks ago, that makes two more anthologies coming up this year with me in them. Yay! There's nothing like a sale to enhance one's mood.

Now, please excuse me - I'm off to do medical things and possibly nap yet again. I'll get back to regular blogging next week.

5 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

Great to see you back. And congrats on the sales.

All the best, Gitte.


Steve

Anonymous said...

Yay, congrats on the sale!

Thoraiya

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you, Steve.

Thank you, Thoraiya.

parlance said...

Congratulations! I can see you made it through a mighty big field of entries, and by the sound of it, most of them were a good standard, so you should be really pleased.

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you very much. I am indeed pleased. I mean, it's a werewolf story! How cool is that?
To have my very first werewolf story (written to shake things up)accepted on its first time out in the world for such a cool anthology is a real buzz. I hope people like it.