"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, June 23, 2012

Zipping Along

'Twas a day of small triumphs.

- I went to bed insanely early last night, and got up without the aid of an alarm clock insanely early this morning. The normal number of sleeping hours was suddenly enough. I napped just twice. You can certainly fit a lot more into a day when you cut out all the snoozing.

- I put on real pants with a zipper. I zipped up the zipper. The zipper mostly stayed zipped up.

- I stayed off the super pain killers. The milder stuff did the trick. My brain definitely works better without the drug-induced dullness-haze. And my eyes are less spooky-shiny.

- I was driven, with unzipped zipper, to the movies where, after having zipped up the zipper to walk from the car to the cinema, I then discretely once again unzipped my zipper for viewing comfort. Needless to say, I rezipped my pants before exiting said cinema.

- I had this thought: I really really should try to write something soon. Perhaps I'll look through my WIPs tomorrow and pull out something light and amusing for that upcoming spec fic humour anthology. And I caught myself gazing at my writing keyboard with that special longing...

2 comments:

parlance said...

I'm glad to hear the writer in you is stirring once again. But be gentle with her...

Gitte Christensen said...

I shall tempt her forth with treats and pat her head in an encouraging way. :)