"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Horrible Homework

Having just quickly, and nervously, perused the questions for the author interview that Bards and Sages Publishing will use as part of their promotions for the Return of the Dead Men (and Women) Walking horror anthology, I am now totally relaxed. I'll blitz that interview! You see, apparently I've been working up to this triumphant moment over the past many months without realising it.

Consider the fact that whilst recently recuperating, I not only studied in depth that huge, vampire apocalypse tome The Passage by Justin Cronin , but also watched, as chronicled here in a few posts, the first two seasons of The Walking Dead. I am, if I may say so, completely up to scratch on how to take out large numbers of zombies or vampires, and have along the way developed theories as to which weapons I might prefer in certain scenarios. Also, whilst yelling at less rational characters on the screen or in print, I've batted about a few ideas of my own on what might constitute sound battle tactics when up against the shuffling or fast-moving undead. Adding to my confidence is the well-documented fact that I've read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and the as yet publicly unknown information that today I saw the movie Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer, so I'm feeling particularly well-versed on the subject of zombie and vampire mash ups. Also while recuperating, I saw Zombieland, and, I seem to vaguely recall, Vampires Suck (I was unwell!! You're allowed to watch crap when you're zonked out on painkillers!!!) Also, as I passionately posted about some time ago, I did try to get through the Twilight books, so I definitely have a few opinions about those characters to impart, and, as the jewel in my crown, I'm a Buffy fan from way back.

So, despite what some judging souls might think, none of that mostly enjoyable time spent on swotting up on popular horror was wasted, for now I can call upon this vast repository of knowledge about creatures fanged and rotten to formulate kick-ass responses to tricky interview queries about the undead.

No comments: