"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, August 3, 2012

Vamp Victory

I now have the go-ahead to announce that The Snowy River Feral, my Henry Lawson-style, vampire droving yarn set in the late 1920s will appear in the Return of the Dead Men (and Women) Walking horror anthology to be published by Bards and Sages Publishing. It's not just about vampires, but all manner of undead creatures. BSP's goal is to release the book October 1st.

I'm really pleased that this particular lovechild of mine has found such a good home. First sent out 1/12-2010, it took 18 months of patiently submitting this very Aussie story over and over whilst whispering 'I believe in you, I believe in you', to sell it. Not so long compared with some stories, but eons compared with others.

So yay, much news of both a vampire story and a werewolf story will soon be coming to this blog. It's so cool :)

2 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

Woohoo, Gitte.

Congratulations.

Steve

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you, Steve.

Thank you, parlance.