"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sparkle, Sparkle.

So a not so very great week ended with a bright point: yesterday morning, before I headed for the Arvo Job, I was sent a link to a post that mentions me as an undiscovered gem. Okay, you have to scroll down quite a ways to find it, and it is a brief mention, but it's there, which is better than it not being there. Whenever things felt grey and bleak today, I just muttered 'sparkle, sparkle' to cheer myself up, and would end up grinning like a fool. And believe me, there's no fool like a down and out writer looking for an ego boost.

Now I'll just have to work hard to change that adjective from 'undiscovered' to 'discovered'. And maybe 'gem' to 'whopping, great, multi-faceted, stylishly Elizabeth Taylor-type diamond'. And while we're touching on writerly adjectives,  you can pop across to Steve Cameron's musings on the subject of what we budding, beginning, cocoon-shedding, scriberly neophytes should call ourselves.

3 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

A gem indeed. Nice one, Gitte. :)

parlance said...

Being a 'gem' is a lovely thing! And I guess mentions like that are part of the being discovered.

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank ytou, Steve.

Thank you, parlance.