"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I Love You, Tomorrow


Now I was lining up my brain and preparing myself emotionally for the end of the world on 21-12-12, or 12-21-12 as USAians would write it, but I've just discovered that, depending on which interpretation of the Mayan cycle you subscribe to, it might in fact vanish in an existential puff tomorrow on 12-12-12, or, in America, 12-12-12.

On my wonderful Wednesday off? I'm simply not ready for that. So I choose to stick with the 21st December. Cross fingers that's the correct date.

Now I have to head off to the Arvo Job. I'd much rather cocoon myself at home. Yesterday was a minor Mayan apocalypse of the catastrophic officey sort for me - a moment of distraction and an ill advised click of the mouse led to a maelstrom of chaos that has sucked in a lot of people. Ah well, off I go, comforting myself with the thought that at least I didn't pull a trigger and there are no dead bodies to clean up.

I just have to make it to tomorrow. It would be a great pity for me personally, and a few billion other people, if there is no tomorrow.

No comments: