"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'm Baaaaaaack.


Okay, I probably could have posted this yesterday, but it still felt a bit tenuous then. However, after a bit of correspondence today, I now feel confident enough to announce that my SF pony story will appear in Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine later this year.

So I finally did it! After countless (well, if you want the exact number...) hold requests for stories that then weren't picked up (as I've often lamented in posts), four and a bit years after my debut amongst its pages, I'll be making an encore appearance in ASIM.

Yay!

7 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

Woohoo!

How wonderful to be back in ASIM. I can't wait to read your pony story.
Congratulations.

Steve


Thoraiya said...

Congratulations, Gitte!!! :-)

Thoraiya

Gitte Christensen said...


Oops, missed this one, Steve. Thank you. I look forward to reading your ASIM story too.

Thank you, Thoraiya. Congrats with all your own good news, and good luck.

parlance said...

Oh, great! Our household subscribes to that, so I won't have to go far to get my copy, lol.

Gitte Christensen said...


Excellent!

Did you also subscribe back when issue #38 came out...? :)

parlance said...

Oh, issue 38...

We've been rummaging through back copies, trying to figure out when your other story would have been in the magazine. Now, I'm guessing that is the issue in question, so we can focus the search. We think we may have given the desired issue to the Melbourne SF Club when we were having a clear-out. So, next meeting, my brother will have to borrow it!

Gitte Christensen said...


Ah well, the Melbourne SF Club is a worthy recipient indeed for such a clear-out. I used to pop out there quite a bit before the Arvo Job took up my weekday evenings, and even then I used to get off early and dash across town for special guests. Now, of course, I'd have to dash again after the meeting to catch the last train out of Melbourne, which seems like a tad too much dashing around. That said, I really should get back into the habit of checking their events calendar.

Good luck with finding #38 :)