"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Just Being Still


Except for a short walk and shop, I stayed home today and very consciously enjoyed my peace and quiet and privacy with nary a nurse or medical student in sight, not to mention by ability to run, jump, climb trees (not that I did - but I could if I wanted to!), lift stuff and stay awake because next week...

Nah, I'm not going there yet, not before I have to.

I also derived much pleasure from writing for a couple of hours today, well aware my brain will very soon turn to porridge of the thick and gluggy sort. Now is not the time for tackling any of the big, serious SF themes I've got on the boil. No, to counter the greyness of mood brought on by my impending blahness, I'm sticking to writing lighter stories that cheer me up, and am well pleased that I finished the first draft of my hopefully amusing SF quest story featuring a human-alien, Sherlock-Watsonishy team with a dash of Sir Richard Burton (not the actor! Richard Francis Burton). I hope to use the pair again in more fun short stories. Of course, if this tale isn't snapped up, there'll be no more spacey adventures for my two galactic travellers. Cross fingers that somewhere out in the universe, they raise an editorial giggle.
   

No comments: