"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, July 31, 2011

Crapola

The downside of having a rogue fowl cutely clucking for her breakfast at the kitchen door every morning is that one then gets little blobs of white poo on the patio. A weekly hosing down is required to keep it from looking like farmyard. Good thing the drought is over. I tell you, if the Chook weren't so personable, she'd be in a chicken pie by now.

Today is gloriously sunny and the birds are singing and the backyard beckons (where was this weather last weekend when my sister and I went horse riding?), but there's a passel of recently rejected stories that need to go out again so I can pump up my meagre July submission count for tonight's End of the Month Report. See, it serves a purpose.

No comments: