"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Saturday, February 5, 2011

Two out of three

Antipodean SF #152 is online now, and the very first story in this issue is Blame Games by yours truly.

You can read it here.

I got the idea for this story 5/2-09, according to my notebooks, although the core of it is based on a newsletter I wrote for The Emerald Hill Times way back in *gulp* 2003. I used to be quite engaged in local community affairs when I live in St Kilda, and I wrote some very long, passionate and (at least I thought so) witty letters for EHT which usually ended up as Letter of the Week. I also got hate mail, private as well as public, with slurs about my Ozstralianess based solely on my name, which I, of course, subsequently responded to, but hey, that’s another story. I haven’t written it yet, but...

Blame Games first went out under a different title 1/8-09 but was rejected. It has since been accepted for publication twice. Two out of three ain’t bad for such a little story.

No comments: