"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, February 18, 2011

Why? Why? Why?

So I've just spent a couple of hours battling the bureaucracy and the confused customer services staff ( I kept hearing the phrases "That's weird!" and "That's strange") of two different power companies and then finished off with a nice chat with the Water and Power Ombudsman's Office.

I'm hoping the outcome of this time investment (I could have written an entire piece of microfiction in that time) will be that I don't come home one night to no electricity and / or gas. Alas, I have a horrible feeling on that score.

The very worst thing of all is that I didn't do a single thing to bring about this situation. Somewhere, someone or somecomputer back in October dropped the ball, account names were switched and turned up and flipped around and whatnot, and poor me is left with the mess to cleanup.

Now, off to the Arvo Job, although I'm wondering whether I should brave the inconsistencies of the world beyond on a day like this. The Gods of Train Scheduling just might want to put the boot in while I'm down.

No comments: