"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let the sunshine in

Gardening. Another aspect of country life that I couldn't get a grip on until I called the Lawn Mower Man. Now I just potter around (the picture is of Sunday's haul of pear tomatoes artfully set amongt a pot of herbs), do the easy stuff, and sit in the Xmas swing pondering stuff. Nice.

The LMM is just finishing up a 2 hour stint of mowing and hacking the hedge along one side of the property that was threatening to engulf the house. I cannot believe how much light there is in the loungeroom and kitchen now. Darkness, it would seem, had crept upon me one tendril at a time, until, without realising it, I was living in a semi-murky environment.

And speaking of Darkness, it's time to start thinking about heading off to the Arvo Job. Well, I suppose I'd better do more than just think about it.

No comments: