"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Police, police everywhere

I’m coming up to the end of the second year of my self-imposed three year experiment in country living.

To celebrate, or at least to issue a progress report, I was going to make this a week of blogging about the move from inner city St Kilda to the sticks in Central Victoria. However, tonight the train was first delayed at Southern Cross because of a police action in Ginifer, and was then held up again at Watergardens for another thirty minutes while more policepeople did policepeopley stuff, so I’m home forty minutes later than usual after a ten hour shift at the Arvo Job. I just want to feed the cats, put on my jammies and watch an episode of 30 Rock before I go to bed.

Luckily, despite all this, I did get some writing in on the way to work, and on the way home again.

All of which encapsulates one huge aspect of my new country life and something I've never ever had to deal with before - commuting.

No comments: