"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Welcome Change


After a record breaking, for this time of the year, ten consecutive days of humid 34-37 degree heat, a cool change swept across the state today, providing glorious relief for the sweltering masses. There was no way I was going to stay inside, so I took Rover into the backyard, set myself up on the Xmas Swing, and wrote for a few hours on my latest SF masterpiece (the writing experiment is going well). Then I did a lot of reading.

Alas, I'm off to hospital again next week for tests, meaning that about four days ago, a serious case of scanxiety kicked in. Last time this happened, six months ago, I couldn't compose a written sentence for the life of me the fortnight leading up to the scan. This time, fortunately, I'm channelling my imagination and nervous energy into writing, so at least I'm still productive. And it keeps my mind occupied with other things such as the mechanics of alien invasions, downloading humanity and the like :) However, I may not be terribly chatty on ye olde blogge over the next week until this matter is resolved.

No comments: