"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, March 31, 2013

End of the Month Report: March 2013


Submissions: 1
Rejections: 5  (a.k.a. stories I can submit again)
Acceptances: 0
Published: 0
Stories out in the wild: 8
New stories completed: 0. I was doing well until I got distracted by Real World stuff. Am back on the writing wagon again, but not in time to salvage a credible '1' in this category.
Mood: I feel an overwhelming need to complete a couple of half finished stories I put many hours into last year - my JD workshop dragon story and my harpy story (I hear the antho I originally wrote the harpy story for might have a sequel...). This can only be a good thing. I'm very fond of both of these tales and their characters, and at the very least, it's always personally satisfying to finish stories. And one always should! I got my dragon story moving again today by going back, killing off a major darling, and continuing down a different road to the one that was going nowhere. A tried and true technique.

*Just corrected the March 20103 I initially , and obviously hurriedly, wrote as the month/year for this post. What a Methuselah I'll be if I ever do get to write that as the date :) Not that there'll be blogs around then. No, I'll be beaming my "interesting" updates straight into your brains. Hah, there's a scary thought. I'd better stop now...

2 comments:

parlance said...

Not only beaming in the updates, but maybe hacking our minds, like in the latest episode of Dr Who.

Gitte Christensen said...

And maybe also implanting a program that compels you all to buy ten copies of any publication that features work by me? Hmmm...

Love that Doctor!