"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Monday, September 30, 2013

End of the Month Report: September 2013


Submissions: 8
Rejections: 6 (technically, one of these belongs to last month. I was waiting for an email, but when I checked the check-how-your-story-is-going link, I discovered the awful truth. On the other hand, this was the story I reported as being #927 in the reading queue a couple of months ago, and there were only a few places left for unsolicited work, so I was pretty much well prepared for disappointment.)
Acceptances: 1 (Winds of Change - dark, dark, dark, with added ghosts! Very happy about this one.)
Published: 0 (next month should be more interesting)
Stories out in the wild: 10
New stories completed: 0
Mood: Shocked by the fact that I saw Xmas decorations in the supermarket on the way home tonight. All right, that has nothing to do with writing, but I'm still recovering. Also, I'm a little worried about the weather. It is blowing a gale outside and the trees are making scary noises as they bend down and whack the roof and scrape the house. Another non-writing inspired emotion, but hey, it's not all about story scribbling.

2 comments:

parlance said...

Yep, that was scary weather last night. For the first time in my life, I took my mattress off my bed and went to the other end of the house to sleep on the floor, away from the huge tree over my bedroom.

Gitte Christensen said...


It was indeed worrisome. I don't know what it was about the wind in particular, but the racket was unbelievable. I wouldn't have thought any of the trees close to my house were big enough to cause trouble, but last night, I kept expecting them to break through the wall.