"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Third Time Lucky


Roll up, roll up, for the greatest sale on Earth :) :) :)

I've been tightly crossing my fingers for weeks for this one, and all the joint pain has paid off. I'm so happy to announce that I've sold my story Winds of Change to Lakeside Circus,  editor, publisher and writer Carrie Cuin's new online, speculative fiction magazine which will be published quarterly by Dagan Books, LLC.

I just had a feeling I might have a chance with them. They like odd stories, you see. And weird stuff. Many don't. I submitted a story to their anthology Bibliotheca Fantastica, didn't get in, but received good feedback, so when I read about LC's call for submissions, I hastily sent off one of my harder-to-place darlings. LC held it for consideration, but ultimately rejected it. Send more, they wrote. Fortunately, I had a back-up ready to go straight away, so off went Winds of Change (a.k.a. my "Berlin Wall" story. It's not a light piece, this one, but a dark, political ghost story featuring many bodies and bones.) 

Again, held for consideration. Again I waited. But this time - triumph!

Aaah, I'm so excited, I think I'll go for a walk. I need to skip off some of my just-made-a-sale energy.

3 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

Congratulations, Gitte. A sale is always a reason to celebrate.

Steve.

parlance said...

Congratulations. I'll look forward to reading it.

Gitte Christensen said...


Thank you, Steve. And wildly celebrate I did with a nice cup of tea and a quiet read. :)

Thank you, Catherine. Here's hoping you enjoy it.