"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wait! Did Someone Say 'Tiara'?


Well, technically, schmechnically it's a diadem that signifies a great victory, but it goes on your head and it sparkles...

Apparently - and excuse me for being a bit late to the ball - the Campbell Award comes with head jewellery and a crowning. I did not know that. I usually check out the winners of the various Hugo awards, but have obviously time and time again missed out on this interesting detail.

There's no chance whatsoever of me ever getting such a glorious trinket, but count me excited by the news, and officially covetous. The Hugos just got a whole lot more glamorous and fun for me, even though, again apparently, this presenting of a tiara has been going on for many years. I really should pay more attention .

No comments: