"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Score!

Good news, everyone - I've just sold a story to 'Arkham Tales.'

So after being submitted 11 times (which, of course, means it was rejected 10 times) 'Rajiv and the Bn Stalks' has finally found a home - just in time for my end-of-the-month status report.

This story first went out 26/11-08, was well received a few times, and bagged a few times too, but hey, that's all water under the bridge now. Yay!

This is my first, and hopefully not last, acceptance for 2010.

4 comments:

parlance said...

Congratulations.

I went over to Arkham Tales but couldn't figure out how to read your story. Sorry to be dumb about that. What do I click on? Or do I need to subscribe?

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you. I'm mightily pleased.

Sorry if in my excitement I gave the wrong impression - the story has only just been accepted. It will appear in an upcoming issue of Arkham Tales, and yes, you probably have to purchase that issue to read the story (so they can pay me for writing it - yay!)

parlance said...

The old Arkham Tales mags seem to be there for free, so I'll have a look at them and wait until they get the new editions organised.

Gitte Christensen said...

I'm downloading the old issues myself.
Happy reading.