"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Train tips (1)

Upon entering a train, avoid, whenever possible, sitting in front of excessively lounging folk with agro-bored expressions. You’re just going to end up getting into a conversation about whether or not them sticking their knees or feet into the back your seat is acceptable public transport behaviour.

Now I can tune out music and chatting (earplugs help) and other distractions as I read (Clarkesworld, in this case) on the train, but I cannot ignore two bulges constantly pushing into the small of my back every time the aforementioned lounger moves.

Sorry to be such a fuddy duddy.

Also, today is a special day for this blog - I got my first comment. Thank you, parlance.

No comments: