"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Thursday, September 23, 2010

Done and dusty

There, *HUGE sigh of relief* I’m all finished with critiquing work samples and synopses for the YOSF&F workshop on Saturday, and I’ve still got one whole morning left to nicely type up reports. This is a first.

Now, I have to head off out into an increasingly messy messy world. It’s school holidays and the Melbourne Show is on, so the trains are packed with people, and resounding with the screams and laughter of over-excited kiddies. Forget about peacefully composing stories as the countryside glides by. Then, at the Arvo Job, there are renovations in process, and tradesmen and computer problems and dust and the smell of paint to negotiate.

Ah well, this too will pass. Ooooommmmmm.

No comments: