"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Noisy times

I officially complained about the doof-doof neighbours last week (and in the process solved the mystery of why things suddenly changed for the noisier) and I'd say the message has been passed on because now, as happens when dealing with people with an inflated sense of entitlement, things are even worse.

For the past two nights, in a new twist to the adventure, within half an hour of my getting home from the Arvo Job, the doof-doof starts. Usually week days are quiet this time of night. I interpret this development as their way of saying, 'we control the horizontal, we control the vertical, we control the quality of your home life'. Typical bully behaviour. Still, there's a fine line between macho posturing and intimidation, and they're getting awfully close to crossing it. The important thing is to not succumb to victimthink, as in being pathetically grateful for what peace and quiet I can get in between and then putting up with such harassment.

So the great doof-doof adventure continues :-(

Still, there might be a story in it for me *starts to plot a vengeful fantasy*.

No comments: